I always seem to have several repair projects going at once. These things take time, so as I take a break from one thing I start up on something new, or continue with another project. But always there's little nuts and bolts and pieces and whatnot that I invariably lose.
You can reuse any of the following containers and more, one per project, to contain those bits and pieces. Label the container with tape and a sharpie as to what project's parts are contained within:
- Plastic yogurt container with lid (some brands have lids; large or small)
- Plastic salsa container with lid
- Illy espresso tin with plastic lining and screw top lid (yummy coffee too)
- Steel coffee can with plastic lid (I also like Lavazza espresso but anyway...)
- Large plastic pickle jar
- Prescription medication container
- I'm sure you can think of more...
Mostly what I look for is any container that has a lid that stands a reasonable chance of staying on even if bumped or dropped. Doesn't really matter to me if it is metal or plastic. The other thing is I try to hoard anything I use regularly like yogurt or salsa containers. Hope this helps you organize your repairs!