Friday, June 12, 2009

About

Fix the useless to use less. Fix more, trash less, use less.

I like fixing things that break. It's something my dad taught my growing up because he is always fixing things. But, at least in the U.S., we live in a time and place where most of the time, broken stuff gets pitched in the trash.

Lately I've had a nagging feeling that I should be using my fixit skillz to live a greener lifestyle and encourage others to do the same. So I put together this blog to provide tips on living a greener lifestyle by fixing stuff. I'm convinced you can save some money doing this, too.

Maybe you're already mechanically inclined. Perhaps you even fix stuff all the time. I hope I can inspire you to set aside the time to save useful objects from going to the landfill. If you're new to fixing things maybe I can share some tips that will help you out.